Royals' Matt Reynolds making season debut Tuesday
The Kansas City Royals purchased the contract of infielder Matt Reynolds from their alternate site.
Reynolds is replacing Jorge Soler (oblique) on the active roster. He will start on third base and bat sixth Tuesday against right-hander Triston McKenzie and the Cleveland Indians. Reynolds, 29, hasn't played in the majors since 2018. Maikel Franco bat cleanup as the Royals' designated hitter in place of a slumping Ryan O'Hearn. Adalberto Mondesi has been moved up to No. 2 in the order, followed by Hunter Dozier.
Reynolds owns a .223/.295/.340 career batting line with 4 homers, 9 doubles, 19 RBI, and 24 scores over 240 plate appearances in the majors. Per numberFire's MLB Heat Map, the Royals have the second-lowest implied total (3.55 runs) on Tuesday's slate.
- Nick Madrigal not in White Sox's lineup Thursday May 13th, 2021
- White Sox's Danny Mendick sitting for Thursday matinee May 13th, 2021
- Yermin Mercedes sitting Thursday for White Sox May 13th, 2021
- Miguel Sano on Twins' bench for Thursday matinee May 13th, 2021
- Victor Robles returns to Nationals' lineup Thursday May 13th, 2021
- Yan Gomes catching Thursday for Washington May 13th, 2021
- Michael Taylor starting for Royals versus Tigers May 13th, 2021
- Michael Taylor on Kansas City's bench Wednesday May 12th, 2021
- Hanser Alberto out of Royals' lineup against Detroit May 12th, 2021
- Royals' Ryan O'Hearn starting Wednesday May 12th, 2021
- Sebastian Rivero not in Royals' lineup Sunday May 9th, 2021
- Royals' Hanser Alberto playing third base Sunday May 9th, 2021