Angels shifting from Hansel Robles to closer committee
Los Angeles Angels manager Joe Maddon announced that the club will use a committee approach at closer.
Ty Buttrey was used instead of Hansel Robles to close out Tuesday's 5-3 win over the Seattle Mariners. Robles somehow allowed 10 runs on 7 hits across 3 2/3 innings as the Angels' primary closer to begin the season. The Angels will use Robles in lower leverage situations to try and get him back on track. The right-hander recorded a 2.48 ERA and 26.5 strikeout percentage last year with 23 saves. In addition to Buttrey, the Angels may also use Keynan Middleton and Felix Pena in the ninth.
The Angels' bullpen is 21st in ERA (4.64) and 26th in strikeout percentage (20.2) this season.
- Elias Diaz catching for Colorado on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Jonah Heim catching for Athletics on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Sam Hilliard sitting for Rockies on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Athletics starting Ramon Laureano in center field on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Matt Olson out of Oakland's lineup on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Brandon Crawford starting for San Francisco on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Max Stassi sitting for Angels' Wednesday matinee September 23rd, 2020
- Albert Pujols absent from Angels' lineup Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Albert Pujols batting fifth for Angels on Tuesday September 22nd, 2020
- Angels' Luis Rengifo batting ninth on Tuesday September 22nd, 2020
- Angels' Andrelton Simmons opts out for remainder of 2020 season September 22nd, 2020
- Max Stassi catching for Angels against Rangers September 21st, 2020