Jose Urquidy (undisclosed) working at Astros' alternate site
Houston Astros right-handed pitcher Jose Urquidy (undisclosed) has been cleared to resume baseball activities.
Urquidy will work at the Astros' alternate site until he's ready to join the active roster. The 25-year-old right-hander had been penciled in for a spot in the Opening Day rotation before landing on the injured list. He recorded a 3.95 ERA and 1.10 WHIP with 40 strikeouts and 7 walks over his first 41 MLB innings (nine games, seven starts) last season.
numberFire's models expect Urquidy to record a 4.29 ERA and 1.28 WHIP with a 21.6 strikeout percentage across 48 1/3 innings in 2020.
- White Sox's Eloy Jimenez (foot) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning September 24th, 2020
- Marlins-Braves dealing with weather delay Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Tyrone Taylor starting for Milwaukee Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Sean Murphy catching for Athletics on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Oakland's Matt Olson hitting in cleanup spot on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Luis Urias in Brewers' Thursday lineup September 24th, 2020
- Astros' Dustin Garneau behind plate Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Josh Reddick starting for Astros on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Houston's Aledmys Diaz in Wednesday's lineup against Mariners September 23rd, 2020
- Houston's George Springer leading off in Tuesday's lineup against Mariners September 22nd, 2020
- Myles Straw heads to Houston's bench on Tuesday September 22nd, 2020
- Martin Maldonado behind Astros' plate Monday September 21st, 2020