Nate Pearson reportedly joining Blue Jays next week
The Toronto Blue Jays plan to active right-handed pitching prospect Nate Pearson on July 29, reports Jamie Campbell of Sportsnet.
The Blue Jays have to activate Pearson by July 29 to gain another year of team control but it's not clear when he will make his debut. Pearson, who turns 24 next month, is already believed to be one of the five best pitchers on Toronto's roster. He posted a 1.29 ERA and 0.71 WHIP with 11 strikeouts across seven innings this spring.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Blue Jays have the ninth-worst odds (+6500) to win the 2020 World Series.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Travis Shaw starting for Blue Jays versus Rays in Game 2 September 30th, 2020
- Jonathan Villar on Blue Jays' bench Wednesday in Game 2 September 30th, 2020
- Teoscar Hernandez in right field for Toronto in Wild Card opener September 29th, 2020
- Blue Jays' Alejandro Kirk at DH Tuesday in Game 1 September 29th, 2020
- Matt Shoemaker toeing rubber for Blue Jays in Game 1 September 28th, 2020
- Randal Grichuk in Toronto's Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020