Astros' Austin Pruitt's elbow progressing well
Houston Astros pitcher Austin Pruitt said his elbow is "coming along real nice."
Astros manager Dusty Baker told reporters on Tuesday that Pruitt was "ailing," but he didn't provide an explanation. The right-hander had potentially been in the mix to replace Jose Urquidy (undisclosed) in the Astros' rotation to start the year. He will likely operate out of the bullpen instead. Pruitt recorded career-highs in ERA (4.40) and strikeout percentage (20.2) over 47 innings (14 appearances, two starts) for the Tampa Bay Rays last season.
numberFire's models expect Pruitt to record a 3.45 ERA and 1.11 WHIP with 83 strikeouts and 18 walks over 70 1/3 innings this season.
- Houston's Jose Siri in center field on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Houston's Alex Bregman batting second on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Carlos Correa hitting sixth for Astros on Thursday night September 16th, 2021
- Aledmys Diaz sent to Houston's bench on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jonah Heim joining Rangers' bench against Astros September 16th, 2021
- Adolis Garcia grabbing seat for Rangers Thursday night September 16th, 2021
- Alex Jackson sitting for Marlins versus Nationals September 15th, 2021
- Marlins' Eddy Alvarez absent from lineup Wednesday afternoon September 15th, 2021
- Jazz Chisholm joining bench for Marlins' Wednesday matinee September 15th, 2021
- Miguel Rojas resting for Marlins Tuesday night September 14th, 2021
- Isan Diaz starting for Miami Monday September 13th, 2021
- Eddy Alvarez riding pine Monday for Marlins September 13th, 2021