Brian Johnson in Boston rotation mix
Boston Red Sox pitcher Brian Johnson is a candidate to be the No. 4 starter in the Opening Day rotation, per manager Ron Roenicke.
"Yes, I do," Roenicke replied when asked whether he sees Johnson as a potential fourth starter. "We all do. Hopefully he continues [to progress]. We can build him up and then see where we are at the end." The Red Sox have rotations spot to fill with Chris Sale (Tommy John), Eduardo Rodriguez (COVID-19), and Collin McHugh (elbow) all unavailable. Johnson threw a 6.02 ERA in 21 appearances (seven starts) last season.
numberFire's models expect Johnson to record a 6.14 ERA and 1.69 WHIP with 26 strikeouts and 16 walks over 30 2/3 innings this season.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Jonathan Arauz starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Tzu-Wei Lin starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Christian Arroyo sitting for Red Sox on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Alex Verdugo not in Red Sox' Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020
- Christian Vazquez sitting for Boston on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Rafael Devers in Red Sox' Saturday lineup September 26th, 2020