Cubs' Anthony Rizzo (back) day-to-day after missing Thursday's scrimmage
Chicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo is currently dealing with lower back tightness.
The Cubs "are taking a cautious approach to Rizzo's health during Summer Camp" after their star first basemen missed Thursday's intra-squad game and two workouts with back tightness. "I spoke to him yesterday and he felt much better. So, he’s moving the right direction.” said Cubs' manager David Ross when asked about Rizzo.
Expect David Bote to fill in at first base if Rizzo were to miss any time. For the upcoming 60-game season, Rizzo's yearly projection includes a .282 batting average with 10 home runs and 35 RBI in 202 total at-bats.
- Angels shifting from Hansel Robles to closer committee August 5th, 2020
- Angels' Jo Adell starting in right field for major league debut on Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Jason Castro catching for Angels on Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Angels' Tommy La Stella batting sixth on Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Angels' Mike Trout batting second on Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Marlins' Monte Harrison making MLB debut Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Cardinals reportedly cleared to play weekend series against Cubs August 4th, 2020
- Steven Souza Jr. starting Tuesday night for Cubs August 4th, 2020
- Jason Kipnis starting for Chicago Tuesday night August 4th, 2020
- Nico Hoerner sitting Tuesday for Chicago August 4th, 2020
- David Bote sitting for Chicago on Tuesday night August 4th, 2020
- Ian Happ starting for Cubs against Royals August 3rd, 2020