Houston's Josh Reddick expected to start in right field
According to manager Dusty Baker, Houston Astros outfielder Josh Reddick will probably start in right field.
Reddick is expected to start in right field despite Kyle Tucker's impressive performance last September. "The future is probably Tucker’s, but the now is probably Reddick’s," said Baker when asked about Houston's right field competition. "I don’t like to compare younger players with older players in Spring Training because the younger player wins every time because it takes him no time to get ready, but it’s harder for them to keep it. The older players, it takes them longer to get ready but they usually keep it longer. You just can’t take a guy’s job away unless he loses it over time."
Expect Reddick to mostly see his at-bats against starting right-handers this season if he can hold on to the right field role. numberFire's models project Reddick to produce a .267 batting average with 5 home runs and 18 RBI in 165 total plate appearances.
- Rays place Yonny Chirinos (triceps) on 10-day injured list August 6th, 2020
- Omar Narvaez starting behind the plate for Milwaukee on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Ryon Healy receives a breather on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- White Sox's Zack Collins starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Justin Smoak batting sixth on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Eric Sogard sitting on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Houston's George Springer (wrist) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning August 6th, 2020
- Josh Reddick starting in right field for Astros on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Houston's Michael Brantley hitting cleanup on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Myles Straw starting on Wednesday for Houston August 5th, 2020
- Josh Reddick not in Astros' Wednesday lineup August 5th, 2020
- Martin Maldonado in Houston's lineup Tuesday August 4th, 2020