Rangers' Corey Kluber throws 80 pitches in Thursday's intrasquad game
Texas Rangers starting pitcher Corey Kluber produced six innings and nine strikeouts during Thursday's intrasquad scrimmage.
After missing most of last season with a fractured arm and strained oblique, Kluber appears fully healthy and primed for a comeback year. Expect Kluber and Lance Lynn to anchor the Rangers' rotation.
Kluber's yearly projection includes a 4.18 ERA and 67 strikeouts in 66 total innings. According to FanDuel's Sportsbook, the right-hander is priced at +2100 or an implied 4.5% to win the American League Cy Young.
- Houston's George Springer (wrist) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning August 6th, 2020
- Rays place Yonny Chirinos (triceps) on 10-day injured list August 6th, 2020
- Omar Narvaez starting behind the plate for Milwaukee on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Ryon Healy receives a breather on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- White Sox's Zack Collins starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Justin Smoak batting sixth on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Scott Heineman sitting for Rangers on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Willie Calhoun starting for Rangers on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Jeff Mathis catching for Rangers versus Athletics August 6th, 2020
- Shin-Soo Choo starting for Rangers on Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Rangers' Adolis Garcia starting in left field on Tuesday August 4th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos batting fifth for Rangers on Tuesday August 4th, 2020