Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka (concussion) briefly rode stationary bike Monday
New York Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka (concussion) was reportedly able to ride a stationary bike for 15-20 minutes at Yankee Stadium today.
This is a positive sign for Tanaka, as the team obviously felt comfortable enough with his status to let him participate in a light workout. Both Tanaka and the Yankees are fortunate the veteran was able to escape from the scary situation with apparently no more than a light concussion.
Ideally the team would like to have Tanaka back at some point during opening week, and that looks possible with the ways things have progressed over the past few days. numberFire currently projects the 31-year-old to pitch a 4.38 ERA in 2020, with 59 strikeouts, 15 walks, and 12 home runs allowed.
- Houston's George Springer (wrist) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning August 6th, 2020
- Rays place Yonny Chirinos (triceps) on 10-day injured list August 6th, 2020
- Omar Narvaez starting behind the plate for Milwaukee on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Ryon Healy receives a breather on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- White Sox's Zack Collins starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Justin Smoak batting sixth on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brett Gardner batting sixth for Yankees on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- D.J. LeMahieu sitting Thursday for Yankees August 6th, 2020
- Aaron Judge absent from Yankees' finale versus Phillies August 6th, 2020
- Yankees option Miguel Andujar August 6th, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton starting Yankees' second game Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Yankees' Aroldis Chapman (COVID-19) still a ways from returning August 5th, 2020