Cardinals cancel Monday workouts over testing delays
The St. Louis Cardinals cancelled its scheduled Monday workouts due to COVID-19 testing delays.
Cardinals president John Mozeliak expressed to reporters that the team was frustrated about the delays, and that he hopes that test results will become available overnight soon.
Major League Baseball issued a statement regarding the delays (now affecting multiple teams), blaming the July 4th holiday weekend for the delays. The league will need to get its testing situation working flawlessly in the coming weeks if it hopes to have a season.
- Houston's George Springer (wrist) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning August 6th, 2020
- Rays place Yonny Chirinos (triceps) on 10-day injured list August 6th, 2020
- Omar Narvaez starting behind the plate for Milwaukee on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Ryon Healy receives a breather on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- White Sox's Zack Collins starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Justin Smoak batting sixth on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Cardinals reportedly cleared to play weekend series against Cubs August 4th, 2020
- Cardinals-Tigers series starting Tuesday postponed August 3rd, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers Sunday doubleheader postponed August 1st, 2020
- Saturday's Cardinals-Brewers matchup postponed August 1st, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers rescheduled for Sunday doubleheader July 31st, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers postponed Friday following positive test July 31st, 2020