White Sox pitcher Dylan Cease 'believes he'll be ready for 5-6 innings' by opening day
Chicago White Sox pitcher Dylan Cease believes he will be ready to pitch 5-6 innings by opening day later this month.
Players' physical conditions will be a topic to monitor as the season approaches, as the shelter-in-place restrictions made it difficult for many to work out. It will be interesting to see how teams approach their pitching rotations in the shortened 60-game season.
Cease had a rocky rookie season, posting 5.79 ERA across 14 games, but he'll look to improve on that when the season starts. numberFire currently projects Cease to have a 4.48 ERA in 2020, with 43 strikeouts, 20 walks, and 8 home runs allowed.
- Houston's George Springer (wrist) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning August 6th, 2020
- Rays place Yonny Chirinos (triceps) on 10-day injured list August 6th, 2020
- Omar Narvaez starting behind the plate for Milwaukee on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Ryon Healy receives a breather on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Justin Smoak batting sixth on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Eric Sogard sitting on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- White Sox's Zack Collins starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- White Sox's Danny Mendick on second base Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Edwin Encarnacion (shoulder) out Wednesday for White Sox August 5th, 2020
- Nomar Mazara starting on Tuesday for Chicago August 4th, 2020
- Edwin Encarnacion starting for White Sox Tuesday night August 4th, 2020
- Adam Engel not in Chicago's Tuesday lineup August 4th, 2020