Boston's Collin McHugh (elbow) expected to be ready for opening day
Boston Red Sox pitcher Collin McHugh is expected to be ready for the start of the 2020 season, according to Peter Abraham of The Boston Globe.
McHugh wasn't going to be available for the start of the season before the shutdown, but the extra time off has allowed him to recover from an elbow injury. The 33-year-old arrived in free agency during the offseason.
numberFire's models project McHugh to record a 3.57 ERA and 1.18 WHIP with 49 strikeouts and 16 walks over 42 1/3 innings this season.
- A's Ramon Laureano ejected following bench-clearing brawl versus Astros on Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Pirates-Cardinals three-game series postponed August 9th, 2020
- Orioles-Nationals suspended due to rain on Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Indians' Bradley Zimmer starting in center field on Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Mike Freeman batting seventh for Cleveland on Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Sandy Leon catching for Cleveland on Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Tzu-Wei Lin starting for Boston Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Jose Peraza sitting on Sunday for Boston August 9th, 2020
- Alex Verdugo batting first for Boston on Saturday August 8th, 2020
- Kevin Pillar riding pine for Red Sox in Friday's opener August 7th, 2020
- Michael Chavis out of Red Sox's lineup Friday August 7th, 2020
- Jackie Bradley in Boston's lineup against Blue Jays August 7th, 2020