Miguel Andujar could play in Yankees' outfield
New York Yankees third baseman Miguel Andujar playing in the outfield is "something he could absolutely do," manager Aaron Boone said.
"Early signs show me that he'll be able to handle that versatility," Boone added. Third base is the only position Andujar has ever played on a professional diamond, but it sounds like he could be used in a utility role off the bench this season. The Yankees also figure to use Andujar in the DH spot on occasion. He was limited to just 49 plate appearances last season due to a shoulder injury. Andujar turned 25 in March.
numberFire's models expect Andujar to bat .273 with 7 homers, 25 RBI, and 22 runs scored in 173 plate appearances this season.
- Willie Calhoun starting for Rangers on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Rockies-Giants start delayed by rain Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Kyle Lewis left off Mariners' lineup Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Athletics' Sean Murphy starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Khris Davis starting for Oakland on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Chad Pinder starting for Athletics on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Yankees option Miguel Andujar August 6th, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton starting Yankees' second game Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Yankees' Aroldis Chapman (COVID-19) still a ways from returning August 5th, 2020
- Phillies-Yankees canceled Tuesday for storm, doubleheader scheduled Wednesday August 3rd, 2020
- Yankees' Gleyber Torres sitting Monday August 3rd, 2020
- Tyler Wade starting at shortstop for Yankees Monday August 3rd, 2020