Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka back from Japan
New York Yankees starting pitcher Masahiro Tanaka has already returned from his native Japan to the United States and completed his intake process, per manager Aaron Boone.
Tanaka returned to Japan back in April amid the global pandemic. He recorded the second-highest ERA (4.45) of his career last season and matched his personal-worst WHIP (1.24). Tanaka also turned in a career-low strikeout percentage (19.6). The right-hander needed surgery last October to remove bone spurs from his pitching elbow, so it's possible that last season's poor performance was injury-related.
numberFire's models expect Tanaka to twirl a 4.38 ERA and 1.21 WHIP with 59 strikeouts and 15 walks in 63 2/3 innings this season.
- Kyle Lewis left off Mariners' lineup Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Athletics' Sean Murphy starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Khris Davis starting for Oakland on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Chad Pinder starting for Athletics on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Tony Wolters on Rockies' bench versus Giants August 6th, 2020
- Daniel Murphy dropped from Rockies' lineup Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Yankees option Miguel Andujar August 6th, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton starting Yankees' second game Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Yankees' Aroldis Chapman (COVID-19) still a ways from returning August 5th, 2020
- Phillies-Yankees canceled Tuesday for storm, doubleheader scheduled Wednesday August 3rd, 2020
- Yankees' Gleyber Torres sitting Monday August 3rd, 2020
- Tyler Wade starting at shortstop for Yankees Monday August 3rd, 2020