Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (Tommy John) ruled out for Opening Day
St. Louis Cardinals reliever Jordan Hicks (Tommy John surgery) will start the season on the injured list, per manager Mike Shildt.
Hicks has been throwing bullpen sessions since April but he still hasn't fully recovered from Tommy John surgery. The Cardinals did say they expect Hicks to contribute sooner rather than later in MLB's planned 60-game season. The 23-year-old right-hander saved 14 games last year with a 3.14 ERA before getting hurt. Giovanny Gallegos is the favorite for saves in St. Louis to start the year.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Cardinals are tied for having the 10th-best odds (+400) to win the 2020 World Series.
- Rockies-Giants start delayed by rain Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Kyle Lewis left off Mariners' lineup Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Athletics' Sean Murphy starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Khris Davis starting for Oakland on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Chad Pinder starting for Athletics on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Tony Wolters on Rockies' bench versus Giants August 6th, 2020
- Cardinals reportedly cleared to play weekend series against Cubs August 4th, 2020
- Cardinals-Tigers series starting Tuesday postponed August 3rd, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers Sunday doubleheader postponed August 1st, 2020
- Saturday's Cardinals-Brewers matchup postponed August 1st, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers rescheduled for Sunday doubleheader July 31st, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers postponed Friday following positive test July 31st, 2020