Mets 'extremely excited about where Dellin Betances is physicially'
New York Mets relief pitcher Dellin Betances has recently participated in live batting practice and simulated games.
Betances is expected to be ready for July's training period after missing last season with a shoulder and Achilles injury. Expect the 32-year old veteran to claim a setup role in the Mets' bullpen if he can remain healthy.
Betance's current yearly projection includes a 3.04 ERA, 2 saves, and 30 strikeouts in 20.7 innings pitched.
- Rangers' Joey Gallo (COVID-19) tests negative on Tuesday July 7th, 2020
- Angels place Julio Teheran on 10-day injured list July 7th, 2020
- Max Muncy (finger) sits out Dodgers' intrasquad game July 7th, 2020
- Rangers' Lance Lynn throws 83 pitches in Tuesday's intra-squad game July 7th, 2020
- Giants suspend workouts amid test delays July 7th, 2020
- Phillies' Mikie Mahtook has coronavirus July 7th, 2020
- Mets' Jacob deGrom targeting 100-pitch Opening Day July 6th, 2020
- Mets' Jed Lowrie running 'gingerly' during base-running drill July 5th, 2020
- Mets 'extremely excited about where Dellin Betances is physicially' June 30th, 2020
- Mets' Jed Lowrie (knee) moving out of brace June 29th, 2020
- Michael Conforto (oblique) cleared for Mets June 29th, 2020
- Melky Cabrera joins Mets June 29th, 2020