Kris Bryant still scheduled for Cubs' leadoff duties
Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is still expected to hit leadoff this season, per manager David Ross.
Ross is confirming what he previously announced back in February. Anthony Rizzo is penciled into the two-hole. Cubs leadoff men ranked dead-last among all MLB teams last year in both batting average (.212) and on-base percentage (.294). Bryant, who mostly hit second or third in the order, slashed .282/.382/.521 with 31 home runs, 77 RBI, four stolen bases, and 108 runs scored over 634 plate appearances.
numberFire's models project Rizzo to bat .279 with 11 homers, 33 RBI, 37 runs scored, and 2 steals in 235 plate appearances this season. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Cubs are tied for having the 13th-best odds (+2600) to win the 2020 World Series.
- Houston's George Springer (wrist) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning August 6th, 2020
- Rays place Yonny Chirinos (triceps) on 10-day injured list August 6th, 2020
- Omar Narvaez starting behind the plate for Milwaukee on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Ryon Healy receives a breather on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- White Sox's Zack Collins starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Justin Smoak batting sixth on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- David Bote on Cubs' bench Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Ian Happ starting for Cubs in Thursday's finale August 6th, 2020
- Victor Caratini catching for Cubs versus Royals August 5th, 2020
- Cubs' Nico Hoerner in center field Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- David Bote starting for Cubs on Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Cardinals reportedly cleared to play weekend series against Cubs August 4th, 2020