Yankees' James Paxton (back) throws pain-free Wednesday
New York Yankees starting pitcher James Paxton played catch pain-free Wednesday for the first time since undergoing back surgery.
Paxton had a cyst removed from his spine on February 5. The 31-year-old left-hander said mid-May is the earliest he will be ready to make his season debut.
numberFire's models currently project Paxton for a 4.01 ERA and 1.23 WHIP with 152 strikeouts and 44 walks this season.
- Boston's Collin McHugh (elbow) expected to be ready for opening day July 3rd, 2020
- Rays' Jose Martinez absent from first day of summer workouts July 3rd, 2020
- Rockies' Charlie Blackmon (illness) unavailable for start of summer workouts July 3rd, 2020
- Padres' Tommy Pham tests positive for COVID-19 July 3rd, 2020
- Twins' Rich Hill (elbow) throws bullpen session July 3rd, 2020
- Twins' Willians Astudillo headed to COVID-19 injured list July 3rd, 2020
- Yankees' Gerrit Cole reportedly hitting up to 99 mph in sim games July 3rd, 2020
- Miguel Andujar could play in Yankees' outfield July 1st, 2020
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka back from Japan July 1st, 2020
- Aaron Hicks (elbow) expected to start for Yankees on Opening Day June 30th, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton (calf) expected to open as Yankees' DH June 30th, 2020
- Yankees 'very optimistic' for Aaron Judge (rib) June 30th, 2020