Cardinals' Paul Goldschmidt sidelined with elbow issue
St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Paul Goldschmidt is again suffering from elbow soreness and has been shut down for at least a couple of days.
Goldschmidt was bothered by the same issue earlier in training camp. Rangel Ravelo or Matt Carpenter could wind up being the Cardinals' starting first baseman on Opening Day.
numberFire's models currently project Goldschmidt to bat .265 in 2020 with 29 home runs, 90 RBI, and 90 runs.
- Cubs' Jose Quintana underwent thumb surgery July 2nd, 2020
- Miguel Andujar could play in Yankees' outfield July 1st, 2020
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka back from Japan July 1st, 2020
- Giants' Tony Watson in running for closer job July 1st, 2020
- Twins' Nelson Cruz plans to keep playing July 1st, 2020
- Phil Aumont turns in glove for tractor July 1st, 2020
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (Tommy John) ruled out for Opening Day July 1st, 2020
- Miles Mikolas (elbow) healthy ahead of Cardinals camp July 1st, 2020
- St. Louis Cardinals have positive COVID-19 test July 1st, 2020
- Cardinals' Dylan Carlson part of player pool June 29th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Cardinals' Paul Goldschmidt sidelined with elbow issue March 11th, 2020