Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) to return as a DH Friday
Cincinnati Reds third baseman Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) will appear in Friday's Cactus League game as a designated hitter, per Reds manager David Bell.
Suarez is already nearing a return after having surgery performed on his shoulder in January. The Reds will play it safe with their slugger, but his odds of playing in the Reds' season opener later this month are trending up.
numberFire projects Suarez to bat .262 in 2020, with a solid 36 home runs, 8 runs, 98 RBI and 3 stolen bases.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Reds' Shogo Akiyama to hit leadoff when in lineup in 2020 March 9th, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) to return as a DH Friday March 9th, 2020
- Reds' Nick Senzel (shoulder) making spring debut Thursday March 3rd, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) participates in Sunday's on-field activities February 16th, 2020
- Brian O'Grady starting for Cincinnati in finale with Pirates September 29th, 2019
- Tucker Barnhart on Reds' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019