James Paxton could begin throwing for Yankees again Wednesday
New York Yankees pitcher James Paxton (back) could resume throwing again as early as Wednesday.
It's the first real step on the road back to the mound for Paxton, who had a cyst removed from his back in February. He is still all but guaranteed to miss the beginning of the season, but it's a positive sign that he has experienced no setbacks in his recovery.
numberFire projects Paxton to throw for a 4.01 ERA in 2020, with 152 strikeouts to 44 walks, and 9 wins to 6 losses.
- White Sox's Eloy Jimenez (foot) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning September 24th, 2020
- Marlins-Braves dealing with weather delay Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Tyrone Taylor starting for Milwaukee Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Sean Murphy catching for Athletics on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Oakland's Matt Olson hitting in cleanup spot on Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Luis Urias in Brewers' Thursday lineup September 24th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez on Yankees' bench versus Blue Jays September 24th, 2020
- Aaron Judge joining Yankees' bench Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez squatting for Yankees versus Blue Jays September 23rd, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton batting third for Yankees on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton on Yankees' bench Tuesday September 22nd, 2020
- Gary Sanchez sitting for Yankees versus Blue Jays September 22nd, 2020