Reds' Nick Senzel (shoulder) making spring debut Thursday
Cincinnati Reds outfielder Nick Senzel (shoulder) will make his Cactus League debut on Thursday.
Senzel will play designated hitter in his first game since having surgery last September to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He still has some progress to make, but the 24-year-old outfielder said he has "a good feeling that I should be ready to go for Opening Day." Senzel slashed .256/.315/.427 with 12 homers, 42 RBI, and 14 stolen bases in 104 games last year as a rookie.
numberFire's models project Senzel to bat .262 with 14 homers, 46 RBI, 55 runs scored, and 12 steals this season.
- Scott Kingery (undisclosed), others quietly placed on Phillies IL July 2nd, 2020
- Cubs' Jose Quintana underwent thumb surgery July 2nd, 2020
- Miguel Andujar could play in Yankees' outfield July 1st, 2020
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka back from Japan July 1st, 2020
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (Tommy John) ruled out for Opening Day July 1st, 2020
- Giants' Tony Watson in running for closer job July 1st, 2020
- Aristides Aquino away from Cincinnati starters June 29th, 2020
- Reds' Shogo Akiyama to hit leadoff when in lineup in 2020 March 9th, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) to return as a DH Friday March 9th, 2020
- Reds' Nick Senzel (shoulder) making spring debut Thursday March 3rd, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) participates in Sunday's on-field activities February 16th, 2020
- Brian O'Grady starting for Cincinnati in finale with Pirates September 29th, 2019