Braves' Mike Soroka (groin) making debut Friday
Atlanta Braves starting pitcher Mike Soroka (groin) is scheduled to make his Grapefruit League debut on Friday against the New York Yankees.
Soroka missed a turn in the spring rotation after tweaking his groin in batting practice last week. The 22-year-old right-hander should be fine for the start of the regular season.
Soroka recorded a 2.68 ERA and 1.11 WHIP over 174 2/3 innings last season. He went 13-4 in 29 starts.
- Scott Kingery (undisclosed), others quietly placed on Phillies IL July 2nd, 2020
- Cubs' Jose Quintana underwent thumb surgery July 2nd, 2020
- Miguel Andujar could play in Yankees' outfield July 1st, 2020
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka back from Japan July 1st, 2020
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (Tommy John) ruled out for Opening Day July 1st, 2020
- Giants' Tony Watson in running for closer job July 1st, 2020
- Braves' Veteran Nick Markakis a Potential Beneficiary of new DH June 25th, 2020
- DH could provide more opportunities for Braves' Adam Duvall June 25th, 2020
- Marcell Ozuna could be Braves' DH June 25th, 2020
- Braves' Cole Hamels (shoulder) expected to be ready for start of season June 24th, 2020
- Braves' Freddie Freeman (elbow) in lineup for Monday night game March 2nd, 2020
- Braves' Mike Soroka (groin) making debut Friday February 27th, 2020