Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020
Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is expected to hit in the cleanup spot to start the 2020 regular season.
According to manager Charlie Montoyo, Guerrero is likely to bat fourth with Lourdes Gurriel Jr. hitting in front of him because the Jays' third baseman "likes seeing how teams pitch Gurriel" and "thinks they attack him similarly". Expect a big season from the 20-year old after an overall promising rookie year.
In 464 at-bats last season, Guerrero Jr. produced a .272 average with 15 home runs and 69 RBI.
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (knee) out again for Blue Jays in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Breyvic Valera starting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Drury sitting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Reese McGuire heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Billy McKinney absent from Blue Jays' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019