Marlins' Jonathan Villar expected to start in center field
Miami Marlins utility-man Jonathan Villar will start the season in center field.
According to manager Don Mattingly, Villar will begin the 2020 season in center field despite his lack of experience (six major league starts). Expect Villar to play at multiple positions throughout the season and ultimately be part of Miami's everyday lineup
In 642 at-bats last season, Villar produced a .274 average with 24 home runs, 73 RBI, and 40 stolen bases.
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Marlins Jorge Alfaro (oblique) cleared to resume baseball activities March 4th, 2020
- Marlins' Jonathan Villar expected to start in center field February 17th, 2020
- Bryan Holaday behind Marlins' bag in finale with Phillies September 29th, 2019
- Curtis Granderson in Marlins' lineup Sunday afternoon September 29th, 2019
- Neil Walker sitting for Marlins' season finale September 29th, 2019