Angels' David Fletcher 'could grab some games in the outfield'
Los Angeles Angels utility-man David Fletcher could see playing time in right field this season.
According to manager Joe Maddon, Fletcher's versatility will be a useful asset with Anthony Rendon and Tommy La Stella holding down starting roles at third and second base. "The challenge is that I like Fletcher on the field as much possible," said Maddon. "The fact that David is versatile to play different positions is going to matter."
Expect Fletcher to rotate in right field with Brian Goodwin and fill in at other positions throughout the season. In 596 at-bats in 2019, Fletcher displayed impressive contact abilities with a .290 average and 173 total hits.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Angles' Joc Pederson had five at-bats in minor league game March 8th, 2020
- Angels' Griffin Canning (elbow) diagnosed with UCL damage February 28th, 2020
- Angels' David Fletcher 'could grab some games in the outfield' February 16th, 2020
- Dodgers will not trade Joc Pederson to the Angels February 11th, 2020
- Dodgers receive Luis Rengifo in two-player deal with Angels February 4th, 2020