Wade Davis 'will be Colorado's closer' to start 2020 season
Colorado Rockies pitcher Wade Davis will start the 2020 season as the team's closer.
According to manager Bud Black, Davis will be the Rockies' closer with Scott Oberg anointed as Colorado's set-up man."In a perfect world, Wade is our closer and Scotty pitches in front of him in some capacity," said Black. "That's based on Wade's great track record. That's our best scenario."
In 42.2 innings pitched last season, Davis produced a 8.65 ERA, 15 saves, and 42 strikeouts.
- Cashman: Yankees recommend Tommy John surgery for Luis Severino (elbow) February 25th, 2020
- Julio Urias will start 2020 season in Dodgers' rotation February 22nd, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (shoulder) 'dealing with crankiness and soreness' February 18th, 2020
- Wade Davis 'will be Colorado's closer' to start 2020 season February 11th, 2020
- Sam Hilliard starting for Rockies in Game 162 September 29th, 2019
- Ian Desmond on Rockies' bench in finale with Brewers September 29th, 2019
- Trevor Story sitting for Rockies in Sunday's season finale September 29th, 2019
- Rockies' Drew Butera catching on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Yonathan Daza in center field for Colorado on Saturday September 28th, 2019