Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer
Washington Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki (hip) has been scratched from the starting lineup on Wednesday for Game 7 of the World Series against the Houston Astros.
Yan Gomes will catch Max Scherzer and hit eighth against Zack Greinke. It's not clear if Suzuki will be available off the bench. The Nationals' full Game 7 lineup: Trea Turner SS, Adam Eaton RF, Anthony Rendon 3B, Juan Soto LF, Howie Kendrick DH, Asdrubal Cabrera 2B, Ryan Zimmerman 1B, Gomes C, and Victor Robles CF.
The Nationals are road underdogs with an implied total of 3.52 runs. The over/under is 7.5 runs.
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Jake Marisnick starting in center for Houston in Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019