Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer
Washington Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki (hip) has been scratched from the starting lineup on Wednesday for Game 7 of the World Series against the Houston Astros.
Yan Gomes will catch Max Scherzer and hit eighth against Zack Greinke. It's not clear if Suzuki will be available off the bench. The Nationals' full Game 7 lineup: Trea Turner SS, Adam Eaton RF, Anthony Rendon 3B, Juan Soto LF, Howie Kendrick DH, Asdrubal Cabrera 2B, Ryan Zimmerman 1B, Gomes C, and Victor Robles CF.
The Nationals are road underdogs with an implied total of 3.52 runs. The over/under is 7.5 runs.
- Pirates' Chris Archer (neck, shoulder) out until 2021 June 3rd, 2020
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019