Giancarlo Stanton (quad) still sidelined for Yankees in ALCS Game 4
New York Yankees outfielder Giancarlo Stanton (quad) is not starting in Game 4 of the American League Championship Series on Thursday night against right-hander Zack Greinke and the Houston Astros.
Stanton is still working through a right quad issue. Yankees manager Aaron Boone believes Stanton might be able to play designated hitter in Game 5 on Friday. The full Pinstripes lineup: DJ LeMahieu 1B, Aaron Judge RF, Aaron Hicks CF, Gleyber Torres 2B, Edwin Encarnacion DH, Brett Gardner LF, Gary Sanchez C, Gio Urshela 3B, Didi Gregorius SS. Masahiro Tanaka is toeing the rubber.
The Yankees are home favorites with an implied total of 4.52 runs. The over/under is 8.5 runs.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion returns to the Yankees' lineup on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton sitting on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion sitting for New York in ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (quad) returns to the lineup for ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton (quad) still sidelined for Yankees in ALCS Game 4 October 17th, 2019
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka starting in Thursday's Game 4 against Houston October 16th, 2019