Yandy Diaz (foot) still sitting for Rays in ALDS Game 5
Tampa Bay Rays infielder Yandy Diaz (foot) remains out of the starting lineup for Game 5 of the American League Division Series on Thursday night against right-hander Gerrit Cole and the Houston Astros.
Diaz hasn't played since making an early exit from Game 3 due to lingering left foot soreness. The Rays' full Game 5 lineup: Austin Meadows LF, Tommy Pham DH, Ji-Man Choi 1B, Travis d’Arnaud C, Eric Sogard 2B, Avisail García RF, Joey Wendle 3B, Kevin Kiermaier CF, Willy Adames SS. Tyler Glasnow is starting on the mound for Tampa Bay in this winner-goes-home matchup.
The Rays are heavy underdogs on the road and have an implied total of just 2.64 runs against Cole and the Astros in Game 5.
- Mets' J.D. Davis' shoulder MRI negative February 26th, 2020
- Freddie Freeman (elbow) back for Braves next week February 26th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson (hip, side) still unable to hit February 26th, 2020
- Cashman: Yankees recommend Tommy John surgery for Luis Severino (elbow) February 25th, 2020
- Julio Urias will start 2020 season in Dodgers' rotation February 22nd, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Yandy Diaz (foot) still sitting for Rays in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Travis d'Arnaud cleaning up Thursday for Rays in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Brandon Lowe on Rays' bench versus Astros in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Eric Sogard starting for Rays Thursday in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Joey Wendle on hot corner for Rays Tuesday in ALDS Game 4 October 8th, 2019
- Austin Meadows leading off for Rays Game 4 versus Astros October 8th, 2019