Eric Sogard starting for Rays Thursday in ALDS Game 5
Tampa Bay Rays second baseman Eric Sogard is batting fifth Thursday night in Game 5 of the American League Division Series against right-hander Gerrit Cole and the Houston Astros.
Sogard is replacing Brandon Lowe on second base and taking his spot in the order for Thursday's do-or-die contest. It's his first start and just second appearance since September 14 due to a lingering foot issue. The more recent of those appearances came in Game 1 last Friday when the 33-year-old veteran delivered a pinch-hit RBI single.
numberFire's models project Sogard for 9.7 FanDuel points on Thursday. He costs $4,000. The Rays have an implied total of just 2.64 runs against Cole and the Astros.
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser says exit was precautionary March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Luis Urias (wrist) participating in batting practice March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser leaves early with 'discomfort' March 2nd, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Avisail Garcia and Ryan Braun to 'share time in right' February 17th, 2020
- Josh Hader blows save, Brewers knocked out by Nationals October 2nd, 2019