Tampa Bay's Yandy Diaz (foot) exits Monday's game in the second inning
Tampa Bay Rays infielder Yandy Diaz was forced to leave Monday's Game 3 after experiencing left foot soreness while fielding in the second inning.
According to manager Kevin Cash, Diaz was pulled for precautionary reasons after the 28-year old missed time previously with a left foot injury. “Sore, but I think he’s OK,” said Cash to the media. “That was our concern going in and playing him, whether it’s first or third base, just that quick agility movement.”
If Diaz were to miss time, expect Matt Duffy or Joey Wendle to see more at-bats.
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- MLB Opening Day delayed “at least 2 weeks” March 12th, 2020
- Rays' Brendan McKay (shoulder) to debut Friday March 3rd, 2020
- Rays' Blake Snell (elbow) to practice Tuesday March 2nd, 2020
- Yandy Diaz (foot) still sitting for Rays in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Travis d'Arnaud cleaning up Thursday for Rays in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Brandon Lowe on Rays' bench versus Astros in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Eric Sogard starting for Rays Thursday in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019