Dylan Covey (shoulder) scratched from Wednesday start, Ivan Nova now opening for White Sox
Chicago White Sox pitcher Dylan Covey has been scratched from a scheduled start Wednesday versus the Minnesota Twins due to right shoulder soreness.
It looks like the injury will keep Covey out for the remainder of the season. He made 12 starts and six relief appearances this season, earning a 1-8 record. Ivan Nova will throw an inning as the White Sox's opener Wednesday before letting the bullpen take over.
The 28-year-old right-hander posted a 7.98 ERA and 1.76 WHIP with 41 strikeouts and 28 walks over 58 2/3 innings this season.
- Yankees' Cameron Maybin starting in left field on Sunday October 13th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton out of the Yankees' ALCS Game 2 lineup October 13th, 2019
- Astros' Jake Marisnick in center field on Sunday October 13th, 2019
- Houston's Kyle Tucker sitting on Sunday October 13th, 2019
- Astros' Kyle Tucker starting in right field for ALCS Game 1 on Saturday October 12th, 2019
- Josh Reddick sitting for Houston in ALCS Game 1 on Saturday October 12th, 2019
- Yoan Moncada starting for Chicago on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Leury Garcia not in Chicago's Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Chicago's Welington Castillo starting behind the plate on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Eloy Jimenez starting on Friday for White Sox September 27th, 2019
- Daniel Palka sitting on Friday for White Sox in Game 1 September 27th, 2019
- Leury Garcia in Chicago's Friday lineup September 27th, 2019