Cubs place closer Craig Kimbrel (elbow) on injured list
Chicago Cubs relief pitcher Craig Kimbrel has been placed on the injured list due to right elbow inflammation.
The move is retroactive to Sept. 2, so Kimbrel doesn't necessarily need to be on the shelf for 10 days. The former All-Star closer has been struggling mightily as of late, and this news could be an explanation for his issues on the mound. Pedro Strop and/or Steve Cishek could be in line for closing duties in Kimbrel's absence.
In 19.0 innings pitched this season, Kimbrel has faced 88 batters and has a 5.68 ERA, a 1.53 WHIP, 26 strikeouts and 11 walks.
- Julio Urias will start 2020 season in Dodgers' rotation February 22nd, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (shoulder) 'dealing with crankiness and soreness' February 18th, 2020
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas (forearm) shut down 3-4 weeks February 18th, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019