Brad Peacock (shouler) returning to Astros' injured list
The Houston Astros placed starting pitcher Brad Peacock on the 10-day injured list with right shoulder discomfort.
Peacock gave up a home run and 3 hits with 4 walks and 5 strikeouts over 3 2/3 innings in three appearances out of the Astros' bullpen since being activated from the injured list on August 18 after dealing with a shoulder issue. It appears to still be a problem. Houston recalled right-hander Cy Sneed from Triple-A Round Rock in a corresponding roster move.
The 31-year-old right-hander went 6-6 in 15 starts this season before moving to the bullpen. He owns a 4.06 ERA and 1.18 WHIP with 94 strikeouts and 29 walks over 88 2/3 innings.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Jake Marisnick starting in center for Houston in Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019