Brian Dozier placed on Nationals' paternity leave list
The Washington Nationals placed second baseman Brian Dozier on the paternity leave list.
Dozier will miss at least a portion of the Nationals' four-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Asdrubal Cabrera is starting at second base in Monday's opener. Washington recalled infielder/outfielder Adrian Sanchez from Double-A Harrisburg in a corresponding roster move.
Dozier is hitting .236/.337/.445 with 19 homers, 45 RBI, 3 steals, and 49 runs scored in 421 plate appearances (115 games) this season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019