Rockies' Scott Oberg placed on IL with blood clot in arm
The Colorado Rockies placed reliever Scott Oberg on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to August 17, with a blood clot in his right arm.
Oberg also had a blood clot in his arm back in 2016. He underwent a procedure on Saturday and is expected to miss the remainder of the season. Wade Davis is expected to take back over in the ninth for the Rockies.
Oberg owns a 2.25 ERA with 58 strikeouts and 5 saves in 56 innings (49 games) this season.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Wade Davis 'will be Colorado's closer' to start 2020 season February 11th, 2020
- Sam Hilliard starting for Rockies in Game 162 September 29th, 2019
- Ian Desmond on Rockies' bench in finale with Brewers September 29th, 2019
- Trevor Story sitting for Rockies in Sunday's season finale September 29th, 2019
- Rockies' Drew Butera catching on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Yonathan Daza in center field for Colorado on Saturday September 28th, 2019