Nationals put Sean Doolittle (knee) on injured list
The Washington Nationals placed reliever Sean Doolittle on the 10-day injured list with right knee tendinitis.
This comes after Doolittle was charged with 4 runs on 4 hits and recorded just one out in a blown save against the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday. The 32-year-old left-hander has been popped for 10 earned runs over his last five appearances. Daniel Hudson, Hunter Strickland, and Fernando Rodney could all get a chance to close for the Nationals.
Doolittle owns a 4.33 ERA and 59 strikeouts with 28 saves in 52 innings (54 games) this season.
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- MLB Opening Day delayed “at least 2 weeks” March 12th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019