Miguel Rojas (hamstring) lands on Marlins' IL
The Miami Marlins placed shortstop Miguel Rojas on the 10-day injured list with a right hamstring strain.
Rojas suffered the injury on Tuesday night while running down the first base line. Jon Berti is starting at shortstop against the New York Mets on Wednesday afternoon and will probably see the majority of starts there while Rojas is sidelined. The Marlins called up Deven Marrero from Triple-A New Orleans in a corresponding roster move.
Rojas is hitting .289 with a .728 OPS in 419 plate appearances (108 games) this season. He has 4 homers, 22 doubles, 33 RBI, 6 steals, and 44 runs scored.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Bryan Holaday behind Marlins' bag in finale with Phillies September 29th, 2019
- Curtis Granderson in Marlins' lineup Sunday afternoon September 29th, 2019
- Neil Walker sitting for Marlins' season finale September 29th, 2019
- Jorge Alfaro catching for Miami on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Miami's Neil Walker hitting third on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Neil Walker on Miami's bench versus Mets September 26th, 2019