Greg Holland removed from Diamondbacks' closer role
Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Greg Holland will be removed from the closer role for the time being, manager Torey Lovullo said Sunday.
Lovullo added that he hopes it's only a temporary adjustment. The club hasn't picked someone to take over in the ninth, though Yoan Lopez picked up a save last week. Archie Bradley, Yoshihisa Hirano, and Andrew Chafin could also be considered.
Holland owns a 1.29 ERA with 40 strikeouts in 33 1/3 innings (37 games) this season. He's converted 17-of-22 save opportunities.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Alex Gordon leading off for Royals Sunday in final MLB game September 27th, 2020
- Kansas City's Edward Olivares in center field on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Royals' Ryan McBroom hitting sixth on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Ryan O'Hearn out of Kansas City's Saturday lineup against Tigers September 26th, 2020
- Ryan O'Hearn serving as Royals' designated hitter Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Franchy Cordero (wrist) active, starting for Royals on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020