Rangers' Joey Gallo to undergo wrist surgery
Texas Rangers outfielder Joey Gallo will undergo surgery to repair a broken hamate bone in his right wrist.
Gallo likely won't be back until sometime in September. The 25-year-old is putting up the best numbers of his career, with a .253 batting average and .987 OPS through 70 games.
Gallo is hitting .253/.389/.598 with 22 home runs, 15 doubles, 49 RBI, and 54 runs scored in 297 plate appearances this season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Scott Heineman sitting on Sunday for Texas September 29th, 2019
- Nick Solak not in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa in Texas' Saturday lineup against New York September 28th, 2019
- Rangers' Ronald Guzman starting at first base on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Scott Heineman starting on Friday for Texas September 27th, 2019
- Ronald Guzman not in Rangers' Friday lineup September 27th, 2019