Rangers' Joey Gallo (wrist) likely headed to injured list
Texas Rangers outfielder Joey Gallo (wrist) will visit a hand specialist in Dallas but is likely headed to the injured list due to right wrist soreness.
Gallo hurt himself Tuesday night and could be facing a long stint on the IL, depending on the results of the second opinion. His first MRI on Wednesday was deemed inconclusive. Willie Calhoun will likely be recalled from Triple-A to fill in for Gallo.
Gallo is batting .253 with 22 homers and 49 RBI in 297 plate appearances this season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Scott Heineman sitting on Sunday for Texas September 29th, 2019
- Nick Solak not in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa in Texas' Saturday lineup against New York September 28th, 2019
- Rangers' Ronald Guzman starting at first base on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Scott Heineman starting on Friday for Texas September 27th, 2019
- Ronald Guzman not in Rangers' Friday lineup September 27th, 2019