Zack Wheeler (shoulder) could return to Mets' rotation this week
New York Mets pitcher Zack Wheeler (shoulder) said he felt "very good" during a bullpen session Sunday.
Wheeler hasn't made a start since the All-Star break due to right shoulder fatigue, but he's progressing toward a return, likely during the Mets' upcoming Tuesday-Thursday series against the San Diego Padres.
The 29-year-old right-hander is 6-6 over 19 starts this season. He owns a 4.69 ERA and 1.28 WHIP with 130 strikeouts and 34 walks in 119 innings.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Tomas Nido behind bag as Mets finish out season September 29th, 2019
- Amed Rosario in Mets' Friday lineup September 27th, 2019
- Michael Conforto sitting on Friday for Mets September 27th, 2019
- Amed Rosario not in Mets' Thursday lineup September 26th, 2019
- Jeff McNeil sitting on Thursday for New York September 26th, 2019