Jay Bruce placed on Phillies' IL with strained oblique
The Philadelphia Phillies placed outfielder Jay Bruce on the 10-day injured list with a right oblique strain.
Bruce suffered the injury on a swing-and-miss in the third inning of Tuesday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. He's unlikely to return before the end of the month. Nick Williams has been recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in a corresponding roster move.
Bruce is batting .230/.279/.546 with 24 home runs and 57 RBI in 304 plate appearances (80 games) this season between the Phillies and Seattle Mariners.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Roman Quinn returns to Philadelphia's lineup on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Phil Gosselin starting in right field on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Jay Bruce starting for Phillies in Wednesday finale September 23rd, 2020
- Phillies' Andrew Knapp behind plate Monday September 21st, 2020
- Andrew McCutchen absent from Phillies' lineup Monday September 21st, 2020
- Roman Quinn starting on Sunday for Philadelphia September 20th, 2020