Jay Bruce placed on Phillies' IL with strained oblique
The Philadelphia Phillies placed outfielder Jay Bruce on the 10-day injured list with a right oblique strain.
Bruce suffered the injury on a swing-and-miss in the third inning of Tuesday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. He's unlikely to return before the end of the month. Nick Williams has been recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in a corresponding roster move.
Bruce is batting .230/.279/.546 with 24 home runs and 57 RBI in 304 plate appearances (80 games) this season between the Phillies and Seattle Mariners.
- Yankees' Cameron Maybin scratched, Mike Tauchman to start on Sunday August 25th, 2019
- Matt Beaty starting on Sunday for Los Angeles August 25th, 2019
- Corey Seager in Dodgers' Sunday lineup August 25th, 2019
- Austin Romine heading to the Yankees' bench on Sunday August 25th, 2019
- Yankees' Cameron Maybin starting in left field on Sunday August 25th, 2019
- Mike Tauchman out of the Yankees' Sunday lineup August 25th, 2019
- Maikel Franco in Phillies' Sunday lineup August 25th, 2019
- Brad Miller sitting on Sunday for Phillies August 25th, 2019
- Phillies' Brad Miller batting sixth on Friday August 23rd, 2019
- Logan Morrison out of Philadelphia's Friday lineup against Miami August 23rd, 2019
- Philadelphia's Bryce Harper placed on paternity leave August 23rd, 2019
- Logan Morrison batting sixth for Philadelphia Wednesday August 21st, 2019