Max Scherzer going on Tigers' paternity list, expected to make Saturday start
The Washington Nationals are placing starting pitcher Max Scherzer on the paternity list.
Scherzer is tending to the birth of his child, but he's expected to return for his next scheduled start on Saturday. The Nationals recalled infielder/outfielder Adrian Sanchez from Double-A Harrisburg in a corresponding roster move.
Turning 35 later this month, the veteran right-hander owns a 2.43 ERA and 1.00 WHIP with 170 strikeouts and 22 walks over 122 1/3 innings this season. He's 8-5 in 18 starts.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019