Jose Altuve could be activated for Astros Wednesday
Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve (hamstring, knee) could be activated as soon as Wednesday, manager A.J. Hinch said Tuesday.
Altuve recently played in three rehab games and will be re-evaluated before a decision is made. He was initially placed on the injured list with a hamstring strain before being pulled off a rehab assignment due to fatigue in his surgically-repaired right knee. The star second baseman hasn't played for the Astros since May 10.
Altuve owns a .243/.329/.472 batting line with 9 homers, 6 doubles, 21 RBI, 21 runs scored, and a steal in 164 plate appearances this season.
- Freddy Galvis batting sixth Wednesday for Reds August 21st, 2019
- Josh VanMeter drops to eighth for Cincinnati on Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Reds' Brian O'Grady on bench Wednesday August 21st, 2019
- Nick Senzel in Reds' leadoff spot Wednesday afternoon August 21st, 2019
- Phillip Ervin starting for Reds in finale with Padres August 21st, 2019
- Jose Iglesias hitting second for Cincinnati in Wednesday's finale August 21st, 2019
- Astros' Carlos Correa (back) likely headed to the IL August 20th, 2019
- Astros' Robinson Chirinos receives a breather on Tuesday August 20th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston on Tuesday August 20th, 2019
- Astros' Carlos Correa (back) sitting on Tuesday August 20th, 2019
- Jose Altuve returns to Houston's lineup on Tuesday August 20th, 2019
- Michael Brantley hitting second for Astros in Monday's opener August 19th, 2019