Mariners' Austin Nola making MLB debut Sunday
Seattle Mariners infielder/catcher Austin Nola is making his major league debut in Sunday's series finale versus left-hander Brett Anderson and the Oakland Athletics.
Nola is playing first base and batting ninth in his debut. The Mariners purchased his contract from Triple-A Tacoma following Edwin Encarnacion's trade to the New York Yankees. The 29-year-old can catch and play all over the infield. His younger brother, Aaron, plays for the Philadelphia Phillies. Dan Vogelbach is at designated hitter Sunday. Tim Beckham is out of the lineup.
Nola hit .327/.415/.520 with 7 homers, 37 RBI, 36 runs scored, and 4 stolen bases in 229 plate appearances (55 games) at Tacoma this season.
- Game 2 of Rockies-Giants doubleheader on Monday expected to start at 9 PM ET July 15th, 2019
- Nightcap of Giants-Rockies doubleheader delayed due to weather Monday July 15th, 2019
- Gerorge Springer back in the Astros' lineup Monday July 15th, 2019
- Michael Brantley heads to the Astros' bench Monday night July 15th, 2019
- Raimel Tapia starting for Colorado in Game 2 Monday night July 15th, 2019
- Ryan McMahon not in the Rockies' lineup Monday night July 15th, 2019
- Dee Gordon on Mariners' bench against Angels July 14th, 2019
- Dan Vogelbach sitting for Seattle Sunday July 14th, 2019
- Omar Narvaez on Mariners' bench Sunday July 14th, 2019
- Tom Murphy catching for Mariners versus Angels July 14th, 2019
- Austin Nola starting for Mariners Sunday July 14th, 2019
- Mariners' Mac Williamson starting Sunday July 14th, 2019