Cubs' Steve Cishek dealing with knee bruise
Chicago Cubs reliever Steve Cishek has been diagnosed with a bruise on the inside of his right knee.
Cishek had to be carted off the field Wednesday after being struck in the right leg by an errant throw during pregame warmups. It wasn't clear if he would be available for Wednesday's matinee against the Colorado Rockies, but they jumped out to a dominant lead early and are unlikely to need his services.
Cishek owns a 3.21 ERA and 1.14 WHIP with 30 strikeouts over 28 innings (29 games) this season. He's 6-for-8 on save chances.
- Mike Zunino catching for Rays on Tuesday night September 28th, 2021
- Ji-Man Choi starting at first base for Tampa Bay on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Austin Meadows batting fifth for Rays on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Rays' Jordan Luplow receives a breather on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Joc Pederson joining Braves' bench Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Adam Duvall back in Braves' lineup Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Angels' Kurt Suzuki resting on Tuesday night September 28th, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Max Stassi catching for Angels on Friday September 24th, 2021
- David Fletcher handling second base for Los Angeles on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki behind the plate for Angels on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Max Stassi sent to Angels' bench on Thursday night September 23rd, 2021