Nationals' Matt Adams' oblique injury is 'better than anticipated'
Washington Nationals first baseman Matt Adams' oblique injury is "a lot better than anticipated", according to manager Dave Martinez.
Adams suffered the injury on Monday and is sitting out on Tuesday. There is a good chance Admas avoids the IL but will likely sit out at least one more game.
Adams has batted .254 with 6 homers and 19 RBI over 120 plate appearances this season.
- Dustin Garneau getting the nod at catcher Wednesday for the Angels July 17th, 2019
- Kevan Smith heads to the Angels' bench Wednesday night July 17th, 2019
- Matt Thaiss starting at first for Los Angeles Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Albert Pujols is not in the Angels' Wednesday lineup July 17th, 2019
- Toronto-Boston expected to start at 7:40 PM ET Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Yankees' J.A. Happ has next start pushed back to Friday July 17th, 2019
- Nationals-Orioles starting late Wednesday due to rain July 17th, 2019
- Ryan Zimmerman on Nationals' bench Wednesday July 17th, 2019
- Howie Kendrick at DH for Nationals in Baltimore July 17th, 2019
- Erick Fedde starting Wednesday for the Nationals July 16th, 2019
- Nationals' Max Scherzer (back) plays catch in outfield Tuesday July 16th, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki out of Nationals' lineup against Orioles July 16th, 2019